After starting JS and PHP courses at 3W Academy, I quickly needed something to live-type and share the corrected version of their exercises. Some tools exist but none of them matched my needs : share a code in which I can type and others can only watch and copy it. I then decided to create ShareCode, which is dead simple to use : the first to access a slug is the admin one (he can edit the code), all the next ones are read-only users.
As usually, you don’t have to install anything (not even a database), just download/clone it within an Apache-managed directory.
Contribution and Download
The repository is available on Github.
- Fix code sharing problems
- Cancels the scroll re-initializing for each reloading
- CodeMirror v4 to v5
- Autofocus when user is admin
- Better code optimization and logic (less variables and parameters)
- Tabulations indentation replaced by indentation with spaces (2)
- Lose focus when “escape” key is pressed
- Auto-clean all code files older than 7 days
- Slug is now shown in the page title
- A favicon
- Safer server-side AJAX files (managing wrong slug and no existing file)
- Complete reorganization of JS And PHP Ajax files
- Better code optimization and logic
- No more “last character” issue with fast-typing code (client-server double parameters comparison instead of one)
- Usage of jquery-min instead of jquery (to lighten the global size)
- Many more comments